A Monkey Shake is a recovery drink or meal replacement drink (MRP), it is recommended after 30 to 180 minutes of strenuous exercise. This is primarily the reason it has taken me so long to review because I haven't done 30 minutes or more of strenuous exercise, I've made it to around 20 minutes and then died of heat exhaustion. Lucky for you, I regenerate.
Back to the Monkey Shake. A Monkey Shake is made with 100% rolled oats, whey protein, chia seeds and RenewPro, proprietary native whey protein concentrate. "Renew Pro contains the full range of fragile immune modulating and regenerative protein components naturally present in raw milk."
Basically, a 10:10 Monkey Shake is packed full of awesomeness and is perfect to help your body recover quickly. Just check out the nutrition info on their Cocoa Monkey Shake:
The hubby and I decided to try the Cocoa Monkey Shake after a tough workout on Sunday. First, we had to decide how we were going to make it, there are lots of different ways to make a Monkey. We decided to keep it simple and just use milk and ice, afterall it was already a Cocoa Monkey.
After blending it all together (with my adorable pink blender, isn't is cute y'all?) we each poured a glass and thought long and hard about it.
The consensus was that we both loved the frothy mustache we got.
We also loved the light chocolate flavor. Hubby said it tasted like granola to him, only liquid. I agree, the oatmeal definitely comes across in the taste and we both loved it. It was nice because I can see how if you wanted to add a banana or peanut butter or both it would really complement the flavor but it tastes just fine by itself as well. We also decided that a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some Kahlua would be pretty tasty too.
We can't wait to try the vanilla next, thanks to 10:10 Wellness for giving us the opportunity to try your Monkey and if you want to try it also you can use the discount code RUNNINGFOOL for 10% off your order.
Or you can win a bag (with 2 servings) of the Vanilla Monkey Shake right here.
There are 5 ways to be entered, the contest will run until midnight on Tuesday, July20 and I'll use random.org to choose a winner on Wednesday, July 21.
Here's how to enter (Please, please, please leave a separate comment for each):
1) Become a follower of Running Fool or let me know that you already are (mandatory entry).
2) Tell me why you'd like to win. It can even be for a stupid reason like, that I touched the bag and you would add it to a collection of things I've touched.
3) Become a fan of Running Fool on Facebook.
4) Link to this giveaway on facebook, twitter or your own blog (that's technically 3 ways right there).
5) I want your honest opinion on if you would be interested if I started including my family in more posts. I'm not just talking about my handsome Vanna White from this post either, there would be kids too. And if you are interested and have some ideas for me about what to blog about then include those also.